Stress is a normal mechanism of the human psyche aimed at mobilizing opportunities to solve complex problems. Dosed stress is even useful, because it is easier for a person to navigate in solving his problems. But it can work both for the benefit of a person and against him. With constant stress, the vital systems of the body wear out. Stress can even aggravate diseases, cause new ones. Chronic stress – the result of the constant influence of emotional resources As a result of which he constantly feels depressed, apathy. It's not just uncomfortable, it's physically difficult, because all the resources go to the maintenance of «combat» the state of the body: the muscles are tense, there is stiffness in movements, increased heart rate.
Symptoms of chronic stress
Food of stress, not only the psychological state suffers, but also the physical one. Under the influence of this mechanism, all body systems are involved, so violations are inevitable. Often a person does not even notice them, since he is not able to pay attention to his health. The main thing is to recognize the symptoms in time and gather all his strength to eliminate the chronic condition:
- indulation of appetite (decrease or increase);
- sleep disturbance (a person either does not sleep at all, or can sleep for days);
- constant feeling of apathy, fatigue;
- concentration of attention is impaired, memory deteriorates, the thought process slows down;
- nervoznity, irritability;
- infundering of bad habits (smoking, alcohol);
- traction for junk food (a person wants to distract from the stress of delicious food);
- destruction of immunity;
- hair loss;
- mood swings;
- weight gain, or decrease.
Life in chronic stress is abnormal and at the first symptoms you should immediately contact a specialist. Prolonged stay in chronic stress can have serious health consequences, so the help of a psychologist will be the best way out.
Causes of chronic stress
Environment, hypersensitivity are most often the causes of chronic stress.
A person's environment shapes him, and we know that. If you surround yourself with toxic people who carry negative energy, the stress state will soon become very familiar. In the struggle for your healthy psychological and mental state, sometimes, you need to abandon such people.
We advise you to read about what depression is
If you can get rid of a negative environment, then it is quite difficult to change the character and features in yourself. There are people who are sensitive and more prone to stress than others. In this case, it is worth choosing an environment consonant with your beliefs, and the work should not be nervous.
No, the causes of stress can be hidden in another:
- hereditary predisposition;
- hormonal failures, other diseases;
- sling emotional loads;
- overload at work, lack of rest;
- family and domestic circumstances.
Chronic stress can be a consequence of a physical problem. Some diseases lead to disruption hormonal background, which leads to irritability, mood changes, apathy and other symptoms. It would not be superfluous, in this case, to see a doctor.
What does living in constant stress lead to
Arkably, many people believe that stress is a common condition that does not require treatment. Even the wording «chronic stress» does not cause any emotions, although most people are aware that stress causes illness. «All diseases from nerves» – have you heard it often? But no one is doing anything to avoid such a situation.
Frequently people just wait for one stressful situation to replace another, in between eating everything junk food and drinking alcohol. Chronic stress in fact can lead to alcohol dependence, psychosis, heart disease, gastrointestinal disorders, ulcers, strokes and heart attacks. No wonder they say that stress is displayed on the stomach – often experiencing a state of stress, or fear, we experience pain there. Stress is a constant companion of migraines, heart pain, chills and seizures. Getting rid of the cause of stress can greatly facilitate your life.
Why to act?
The problem with the prevalence of chronic stress is that the person testing it does not know what to do with it. Well, he is stressed, and what? You can stop this process by starting with an awareness of the problem and making a few changes. These tips will help not to succumb to stress:
- Doctoral exercises and yoga. Yoga is simply designed to relieve stress. During classes, you can be alone with your body and let it relax, get acquainted with the sensations closer.
- Watch your diet and lifestyle. Adverse situations will help to resist the regime of the day and the right food.
- Meditations. Meditations will help relieve muscle spasms, get rid of clamps and tension. There are special meditation applications that help you quickly «enter » in this topic.
- Assothing stress relief: breathing exercises, music, sports.
- Do the positive more often. A lot of trouble, if you don't take it to heart, ceases to be so. Reconsider your views, because no problem is worth nerves and health.
- Wiend yourself with the right people. Surround yourself with positivity and good people who help you grow.
- Alt 40 minutes each day for «grief». In these 40 minutes, you can cry, scream, beat dishes and flout emotions in another way. After this time, it will become easier.
- Sport. Sport improves not only physical condition, but also psychological. Exercise gives the hormone of happiness, reducing stress levels.
The best solution in combination with these exercises, for a quick and painless elimination of the problem, will be to contact a psychologist. Fortunately, during digital technologies, a physical visit to the office is not necessary. A qualified specialist on our website will give valid recommendations in accordance with the situation.