Pessimism is a negative view of life and a fairly common phenomenon. According to statistics, every third person suffers from pessimism. The way of thinking of pessimists is sharpened to expect a worse outcome and the denial of a positive future. He accepts his victories as a temporary phenomenon and is not able to rejoice in them.
Communicating with such people is difficult, because the constant depressive attitude and heavy character almost always repel people. Often he does not believe in success and does not set goals in life to improve it. Pessimism can be associated with both innate features and external and internal causes. If you understand the causes, pessimism is a correctable phenomenon.
In pessimism, you can also distinguish advantages: the type is more resistant to problems, less susceptible to failure, less likely to get into trouble because it does not rush into the pool with its head into the problem.
Causes of pessimism
One is not the same reason for the emergence of a stable attitude. There are various factors that affect the life and formation of pessimism of the individual:
- a hereditary predisposition. People who have features of the nervous system are more prone to pessimism;
- econsses of human upbringing. A view of life and character is formed in the family. It is quite possible that upbringing has become the cause of a pessimistic view of life;
- imposs influences of others. The influence of society can provoke the emergence of pessimism;
- chronic stress and depressive disorder. Stress suppresses the hormones of joy, as a result of which depression may occur, the sign of which will be pessimism;
- uns an established sleep regime and a feeling of constant fatigue;
- in age People of the older age category, by virtue of their experience, can be pessimistic;
- indulation of the hormonal background;
- secrowed. A person is pessimistic because of his disbelief in his successes, that he deserves better;
- psychic disorders;
- psychological trauma.
The emergence of pessimism may be influenced by one or a combination of factors. In relation to each person, the reason is individual. Children are not born with pessimistic views on life, because optimism is more characteristic of a person. Genetic predisposition affects the formation of personality, but it is corrected with the help of trusting relationships with parents. Most often, the child adopts pessimism from his parents. A person at a more conscious age himself must come to a decision. change and be more optimistic about things and events.
We advise you to read how to develop communication skills
How does pessimism affect life?
Pessimism has a powerful enough effect on life. A negative perception of the world causes a lack of relationships, a career may not develop, and ambitions have long been in a long box.
It is difficult to live with total pessimists - the atmosphere around them consists of negativity, diseases and lack of faith in themselves. They often raise the same children: they are constantly sick and under the yoke of their parents become insecisive, afraid to set high goals and achieve them
One more disadvantage of pessimism - chronic diseases. Although a person does not show external uncertainty, masking the lack of expectation «miracle», but the gutand there are some processes going on. Constant negativity makes you nervous, albeit unconsciously, and all diseases are from nerves. Emotions also keep in themselves, and without finding a way out, they turn into painful baggage. Even if you get sick, a person does not really want to recover – «still will not help», «we have such doctors that do nothing», «I will not go to the hospital, I will get even sicker».
It's not to confuse pessimists with realists. Unlike the former, realists can adequately assess the situation and assess their chances of success. Pessimists see a trick and failures in everything without trying to change their lives.
Ways to combat pessimism
Negative prism of perception of the world can be redone, if desired. For everyone there is a way to deal with pessimism. Thinking from the opposite, you can attract optimism and realism into your life with the help of:
- Samoanalysis. Self-control and introspection are effective mechanisms for converting pessimism into optimism. First you need to find a reference point - the cause of pessimism. To do this, you need to think about it and independently come to certain conclusions. If you do not work –contact a psychotherapist. Now you can get to a psychologist on our website online, he will help to deal with the problem.
- Environ yourself with positive people. The atmosphere directly affects the worldview, so surrounding yourself with optimists a person himself will gradually become more positive.
- Tolerate their mistakes and failures. Even the most successful people have repeatedly failed on the way to their goal. Among the rest, they were distinguished by faith and perseverance. Therefore, you should not take a mistake as confirmation of your unsuitability, but as a valuable experience and an opportunity to work in a different direction.
- Learn how to deal with stress. It can be massage, music, dancing, walking, and anything. The only forbden way to deal with stress is alcohol
- Recelering yourself to more successful ones. Comparison is fine. But comparing is not in your favor and baching your shortcomings by saying «I'm worse» destructive way of thinking. Comparison should go in the vein of endorsing the actions of other people, but not belittling their merits.
- Work negative experiences and let go of old grievances. Resentments that do not find a solution play against a person. To live happily, you need to let go of grievances and start everything from scratch. A psychologist on our site will help to cope with this. Online, he will help a person use all the mechanisms for getting rid of resentment.
- Eave for new experiences and positive emotions. Even if you decide to be optimistic, sitting and doing nothing, the situation will not change. Therefore, you need to strive to make new acquaintances, take up a hobby.
A tendency to see the positive in many life moments will be rewarded with feelings of sincere joy regardless of the circumstances. In addition, an optimistic attitude will help to maintain health. If the causes of pessimism are deeper, the problem requires work with a specialist. On our site there is a psychologist who at any time can help in the fight against pessimistic attitude