To live a full life, a person needs health. Despite the simplicity of this concept is quite extensive and has two main components: physical and mental. The first point can be described in the form of the absence of diseases and injuries, as well as a sense of comfort when interacting with the outside world - good vision, hearing, etc. As for the mental, its definition is much more complicated.
Psychic or mental health is a state of a person in which he can adequately perceive himself and others, correctly assess situations and respond to them, fight stress. This makes it possible to build a family and career, find friends, hobbies.
NLP techniques allow you to achieve career growth, success in work, improve relationships with people, using a personal resource. We advise you to read about what is NLP?
Whoe, according to the WHO definition, mental health is not only the absence of diseases that are a deviation from the norm, but also the ability of a person to use the opportunities available to him to the maximum. In this case, we are talking about his social role and relationships in society.
Mental health standards
Despite the fact that the feeling of emotional comfort is subjective and depends on the character and inclinations of a person that are within the norm, there are norms that help to better assess your own condition and understand what you need in order to improve it:
- a person's awareness of his own "I", emotional stability, the ability to assess and understand his condition;
- stability of reactions in similar situations and their adequacy;
- ability to think critically and evaluate one's own thoughts actions;
- adaptability of mental reactions depending on changes in the conditions and situations in which a person falls;
- ability to adhere to laws, rules, social norms;
- ability to plan your life, stick to a plan, and adapt to new circumstances.
There are also specific evaluation criteria that cover all areas of human life:
- The level of intelligence - the assessment is not on a specific scale, but depending on the ability of a person to think productively. This also includes the ability to find optimal solutions to various problems, correctly assess situations and predict the result. At the same time, a person sensibly assesses his capabilities and abilities, knows strengths and weaknesses.
- Emotionality - the ability to sympathize and empathize, as well as adequately show their feelings: joy, discontent, anger, disappointment, etc.
- Communicative skills - the ability to freely communicate with people of different ages, races and social status. This is an opportunity not only to establish contact, but also to maintain communication on comfortable terms for yourself and the interlocutor
- Soutered optimism is the ability to sensibly assess the situation and risks, while striving for the best result without escalating the situation.
- Sexuality - understanding one's own desires and characteristics, as well as respect for the desires of a partner.
Important to understand that all of the above criteria apply not only to the comfort level of a person's environment, but also to his own feelings. Mental health is a harmonious combination of the firstand the second factor.
Mentally healthy people: what are they?
The absence of mental illness and disorders does not mean that a person is mentally healthy. Within the framework of generally accepted norms, there are three levels of mental health:
This are people who are optimistic about life, feel comfortable in any team and are able to quickly establish social connections. A high level of mental health allows you to critically assess yourself and circumstances, find the best way out of the situation and cope well with stress. This does not mean the absence of negative emotions as such, creative people are emotional enough and can be in a bad mood, but it does not last long, the person quickly returns to normal.
So people are able to build careers and relationships, achieve excellent results in all endeavors and feel happy. At the same time, they can feel anxious, insecure, have complexes. An average level of mental health makes it possible to make rational decisions and resist stress, but this requires more effort and time. Unlike creative people, people with an adaptive level of mental health take longer to bounce back.
Despite the fact that people with low levels of mental health do not have mental illness, they do not adapt well in society. In this case, there are two extremes: either a person is inferior to his environment in everything, even if it goes against his interests, or aggressively reacts to any manifestations of disagreement on the part of others.
Psychic health is a person's condition at the moment, not a general characteristic that does not change. People with a creative level can feel discomfort and face problems in society, adapt better and come to high personality indicators with adaptive and maladaptive.
What to do to improve mental health?
If you feel tension, there are problems in communicating with parents, a loved one, friends or colleagues, and it is not possible to find a way out on your own, the most correct solution will be to contact a psychologist
A experienced specialist will help you understand yourself and the cause of the problems that have arisen, as well as find a way out of the situation. A great advantage of the methods that psychologists use is that the specialist does not tell the client what is right and what is not and how to act, but helps him come to an adequate assessment and the right decision on his own. This approach allows you to develop new skills that make it possible to improve relations with others and feel comfortable
It can find a psychologist using our platform. Specialists conduct sessions online, so you do not need to spend time on the road, and the reception itself will take place in a comfortable atmosphere for you.