Need help to find the best
professional at the best price?
We can help! Just leave your contact information and we will get in touch with you.
You will also get $5 on your account for your next booking.
No results were found
Сhoose services in which professionals speak other languages:
Parents know what a pediatrician, speech therapist, and educator does in kindergarten. And the work of a psychologist in a preschool institution is not entirely clear. So that there are no questions left, it is worth understanding the purpose and functions of a preschool psychologist for children.
What does a preschool psychologist do?
The psyche of each child develops in a different way. The child's psyche is plastic and unique for everyone. A preschool psychologist is needed to study these features and correct them. The preschool psychologist studies the child's psyche and specializes in creating comfortable conditions for development. He does all this taking into account the uniqueness of the child.
Child psychologists work in preschool institutions and provide individual consultations.
Preschool psychologist assignments:
· Development of the psychological functions of children;
· Contribute to the formation of a positive atmosphere in the group (if in the kindergarten);
· To establish a connection between the child and the teacher, to correct it, if necessary;
· To adapt the child to the kindergarten during the first visits;
· Prepare for school;
· Assessment of the psychological qualities of children;
· Diagnostics of the level of intelligence development;
· To educate the parents of pupils.
All tasks have a positive effect on the child's interaction with others and form skills and personal qualities. The tasks may vary slightly depending on the age of the child. It is important for younger preschoolers to create conditions for self-regulation through music, fairy tales and cartoons. For the middle group of preschoolers, it is important to develop the sphere of cognition, communication skills, to train self-esteem through individual manifestations, to learn to overcome complexes and insecurity. The older group needs the formation of skills for the verbal expression of sensations, the development of the cognitive sphere.
What methods does the preschool psychologist use?
A preschool psychologist works with children through expression through fairy-tale characters, so that the baby can more easily perceive information.
Individual lessons are usually aimed at correcting behavior. These can be conversations in a playful way, playing with fairy-tale characters.
Group lessons in kindergarten are aimed at rallying the group, developing communication skills in children. It is carried out in a playful way: children play, listen to fairy tales, watch cartoons and listen to music.
Psychological classes are conducted for children and parents to form interaction between the child and the parent.
In addition, the work of a psychologist is aimed at obtaining an education. So, he expands children's ideas about concepts and objects, develops logical thinking. The preschool psychologist also works with psychological manifestations: he teaches the child to show his emotions, connect verbal and non-verbal signs, and resolve conflicts.
The specialist focuses on the child's age and corrects deviations. The psychologist combines all types of activities to obtain an effective result. A psychologist in working with children uses the following techniques:
· Speech. Children learn poems, explain their feelings and emotions, guess riddles and talk with a psychologist. the development of speech directly affects the development of the child's psychological functions. Therefore, speech techniques are important;
· Visual. In preschoolers, the visual channel provides the most information. Therefore, all activities are demonstrated using pictures, drawings, cartoons, fairy tales, toys. The psychologist's office is also designed in such a way as to interest the child, and he perceived this space positively;
· Practical. The psychologist uses practical techniques to solve psychological problems. Children sculpt figures from plasticine, glue applications, draw on the instructions of a psychologist, make wall newspapers and group drawings. Psychologists often use art therapy for children;
· Game techniques. Play is the main way of interacting with preschoolers. Games are a universal way of solving psychological problems: they help relieve emotional stress, experience negative emotions, pause for physical exercises, form communication skills without conflicts, teach effective communication in a group, neutralize aggression, and develop the emotional sphere.
A psychologist, regardless of the tasks, spends only half an hour with a child or a group. The child can no longer concentrate on one thing. A psychologist tests the child before school to determine the level of development of psychological functions. In case of deviation, it corrects them. Preschool psychologists also work in non-preschool institutions. If the parents feel that the child needs the help of a psychologist, they should contact a specialist.